Slate Floor Cleaning & Restoration in Essex & London
100% Money Back Guarantee on Slate Floor Cleaning & Restoration
If you’re looking for a highly trained and locally trusted floor care company that offers slate floor cleaning in Essex & London Areas, Cleaning Bros are the team for the job. From monthly cleans through to full slate floor restoration, we can offer a customised package to fit around your needs.
As we’re accredited by The Approved Carpet Cleaning Association, SafeContractor, The NCCA and Check-a-Trade, you can rest assured that when you choose Cleaning Bros as your slate floor cleaning company, you’re going to be provided with a first class service from a reputable and professional company. And, most importantly, you’re going to see great results.
At Cleaning Bros we have vast experience in slate floor cleaning, sealing and restoration in Romford, Essex & London using the latest and most advanced chemicals and machinery. When we work on your slate flooring we treat your property as if it’s our own. Dust sheets are put down on floors leading to the work area, all the walls and kitchen units are masked up with professional masking materials.
Some facts about Slate floors
- Slate is a metamorphic rock that makes for beautiful flooring
- It is widely used for kitchen and bathroom floors because of its attractive look
- Slate has a porous structure and therefore has to be sealed following cleaning to prevent stains and marking
- Slate is normally acid resistant but care is to always be taken when cleaning with acid-based cleaners
All of the above features combined with the current state of your floor, the type of the present sealer and your requirements will play an important role when deciding on the way to approach your slate floor cleaning.
Often slate floors are sealed with topical, or in other words, surface sealers making them look artificial and plastic-like. In some cases sealers & floor polishes have been applied coat up on coat creating a thick coating. Removing such sealers from your floors can often pose an issue making the work time consuming and laborious. We use mono rotary machines specifically designed for cleaning and restoration of stone floors. These machines are more powerful than ordinary floor buffers, weigh more and have more torque which makes stripping and cleaning of your slate floor “A BREEZE”.
Once we have stripped the floor we leave it to dry naturally. 24-48 hours later we will apply the sealer of your choice. We also have specialist stone waxes available that enhance the appearance & protection to your floor. The finished result is a beautiful slate floor for you to enjoy for years to come.
Slate floor maintenance
Slate tiles make a beautiful flooring that adds a touch of class to any home, but in order to keep them beautiful regular maintenance will be required. Cleaning Bros can design the right maintenance program to fit around your circumstances. We will also, upon completion of the job, leave you with a bottle of neutral floor cleaner for your daily or weekly cleaning. This cleaner enhances the appearance of your slate floors while adding a lovely smell to your rooms.
Cleaning & maintenance tips:
- Never use household products as they are very likely to damage the sealer and floor finish
- Dust mop clean frequently to remove dry soils and particles; this will prevent scratches and general dulling.
- Use a flat microfiber mop for damp mopping, not the traditional cotton string mop that leaves streaks
- Always use PH neutral terracotta floor cleaning products. Talk to us about our excellent neutral floor cleaner that we have available for you (free with every job booked).
Get a Free Quote
If you’re looking for a trusted team that provides slate floor cleaning in Essex & London areas, call us today for free advice call Cleaning Bros now on 01708 701 973.
Our Slate Floor Cleaning & Restoration Process:
- Masking up & Floor protection – depending on the job at hand we may have to protect the surrounding areas with plastic sheeting. All adjacent floors, whether stone, carpet or hardwood flooring, are protected with floor protective film. For this purpose we only use Stroll N Roll floor protective films as they are low tack and unlike some cheaper versions will not leave behind sticky residue.
- Dust mopping – floor is hoovered, to remove any dust and small hard particles that can scratch the floor in the cleaning process if left behind.
- Spray cleaner – we then apply the floor cleaner by a pump up sprayer for even coverage.
- Mechanical agitation – after some dwell time, needed for the cleaner to work, we agitate it into the floor with a specialist floor scrubbing machine to assist in the breaking down of the soils. All the edges and small areas where machine cannot reach are detailed by hand.
- Grout line cleaning – grout joints are cleaned by hand to ensure every bit of old sealer is removed before the new one goes down
- Rinse – your floor is then rinsed out with a specialist cleaning solution to recover the slurry. This process is repeated up to three times to ensure no stripper is left on your floor.
- Touch up – we may have to go back and touch up some areas, especially so with stubborn old sealers in grout lines.
- Drying – your slate floor is left to dry naturally over a period of 24-48 hours to ensure every bit of moisture is gone before your floor is ready to be sealed.
- Walk through – before any floor sealer goes down we will inspect the floor with you, our customer, to ensure satisfaction of the achieved cleaning results.
- Slate floor sealing – at this stage, the floor sealer is applied. Cleaning Bros uses a unique floor sealer application system that doesn’t leave any streaks. The sealers and floor finishes we use offer excellent protection for years to come, especially when used in combination with stone wax
- Rubbish removal – all protective sheets are safely removed off the kitchen units, walls and adjacent floors and taken away.
- Final walk through – and finally, we will inspect the floor with you, to make sure that final results are to your satisfaction.
100% Money Back Guarantee on Marmoleum Floor Cleaning
As part of our commitment to service quality and customer satisfaction, we promise you the most outstanding service experience you have ever had. All our work is backed by our 100% Money Back Guarantee. If you’re not happy with the end result and we can’t put things right, we’ll refund every penny.
Get a Free Quote!
Send us a message to find out how our carpet cleaning services can help you.