The Finest Terracotta Floor Cleaning & Restoration Service in Romford, Essex & London
Cleaning Bros are a local specialist terracotta cleaning company based in Romford, serving Essex & London. We are professionally trained and able to solve any issues relating to terracotta tiles. When it comes to terracotta floor cleaning & restoration there are a few factors to be considered that make this stone floor different to other type floors.
• First of all, Terracotta Tiles ARE VERY POROUS! If inappropriate cleaning solutions are used on the tiles they will sink straight into the stone, failing their main purpose, CLEANING. This is why Cleaning Bros use only solutions specifically formulated for terracotta tiles.
• Second, homeowners tend to DIY-seal their terracotta, applying coat upon coat, which results in a heavy build up that sometimes is very hard to remove. Grout lines in particular can be a great challenge for any DIY-terracotta floor cleaner if they are not equipped with the right machinery and appropriate floor strippers.
• Last but not the least, effective sealing can be a problem because of the high porosity of terracotta. If the sealer is applied before the stone has properly dried white patches can occur, resulting in compromised seal quality as well as overall appearance issues.
You will be thrilled with your new looking Terracotta Floors!
BOOK A FREE DEMONSTRATION
We can offer a test cleaning of an area of your choice. This is done at the quotation stage and will actually give you a pretty good idea of what can be expected from this cleaning service.
Terracotta floors tend to dull and discolour over time due to years worth of grime and soil buildup. For your floors to regain their beautiful welcoming appearance again we have designed a thorough restoration programme.
12-Step Comprehensive Terracotta Restoration Process:
Step 1 Masking up & floor protection Depending on the job at hand we may have to protect the surrounding areas with plastic sheeting. All adjacent floors, whether stone, carpet or hardwood flooring, are protected with floor protective film. For this purpose we only use Stroll N Roll floor protective films as they are low tack and, unlike some cheaper versions, will not leave behind sticky residue.
Step 2 Dust mopping Floor is hoovered, to remove any dust and small hard particles that can scratch the floor in the cleaning process if left behind.
Step 3 Spray cleaner We then apply the floor cleaner using a pump up sprayer for even coverage.
Step 4 Mechanical agitation After some dwell time, needed for the cleaner to work, we agitate it into the floor with a specialist terracotta floor scrubbing machine to assist in the breaking down of the soils. All the edges and small areas where machine cannot reach are detailed by hand.
Step 5 Grout line cleaning Grout joints are cleaned by hand to ensure every bit of old sealer is removed before the new one is applied.
Step 6 Rinse Your floor is then rinsed out with a specialist cleaning solution to recover the slurry. This process is repeated up to three times to ensure no stripper is left on your floor.
Step 7 Touch up We may have to go back and touch up some areas, especially so with stubborn old sealers on grout lines.
Step 8 Drying Your terracotta floor is left to dry naturally for a period of 48-72 hours to ensure every bit of moisture is gone before your floor is ready to be sealed.
Step 9 Walk through Before any floor sealer goes down we will inspect the floor with you, our customer, to ensure your satisfaction with the achieved cleaning results.
Step 10 Terracotta floor sealing At this stage, the floor sealer is applied. Cleaning Bros use a unique floor sealer application system that doesn’t leave any streaks. The sealers and floor finishes we use have very low odours unlike some brands.
Step 11 Rubbish removal All protective sheets are safely removed from the kitchen units, walls and adjacent floors and taken away.
Step 12 Final walk through Finally, we will inspect the floor with you, to make sure that final results are to your satisfaction.
Terracotta Floor Maintenance:
Terracotta tiles make a beautiful flooring material that adds warmth to any home, but in order to keep them beautiful regular maintenance will be required. Cleaning Bros can design the right maintenance program to fit around your circumstances. We will also, upon completion of the job, leave you with a bottle of neutral floor cleaner for your daily or weekly cleaning. This cleaner enhances the appearance of your floors while adding a lovely smell to your rooms.
Cleaning & Maintenance TIPS:
– Never use household products as they are very likely to damage the sealer and floor finish.
– Vacuum clean frequently to remove dry soils and particles; this will prevent scratches and general dulling.
– Use a flat microfiber mop for damp mopping, not a traditional cotton string mop that leaves streaks.
– Always use PH neutral terracotta floor cleaning products. Talk to us about our excellent neutral floor cleaner that we have available for you (free with every job booked).
Don’t forget – we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee:
“We promise you the most outstanding service experience you have ever had. All our work is backed by our 100% NO QUIBBLE Guarantee. If you’re genuinely not delighted with the end result and we can’t put things right, we’ll refund every penny, NO QUIBBLE. To request a quote call us now on 01708 701 973.
Request a Consultation
Send a message or Call us today - we look forward to hearing from you!