Giving you an extra protection for your valuable carpets, rugs and upholstery.
Scotchguard Carpet and Upholstery Protector is widely known and have been successfully used by Cleaning Bros for more than a decade. It can be applied to carpets, upholstery and rugs giving that extra protection that makes the differences between a permanent staining and beautifully clean and fresh furnishings. Scotchgard Carpet & Sofa Protector is a water-based teflon protector. It will provide superb protection for your carpets & fabrics until the next time you have them cleaned.
When the inevitable accidents occur you can easily mop up spillages preventing stains from permanently setting in. It also makes a breeze of vacuum cleaning with grit and fine dust being readily vacuumed away, which will have otherwise abraded against the fibres and so shorten the carpet or fabric life. In our professional opinion the carpet protector following professional carpet cleaning is a must, especially so for wool carpets and textiles.
How it works
Scotchguard protector is usually applied following a deep professional cleaning. It coats up each and every fibre with an invisible UV resistant shield, repelling oil- and water-based stains. When an accidental spillage occurs, the liquid beads up and remain on the surface rather than soaking in. This gives you time to react and prevent stains from setting in.
Benefits of the Scotchguard Carpet & Upholstery Protector
- Extra protection for your furnishings
- Repels oil- and water-based liquids
- Protects from day to day dirt
- Extends the life of your carpets and sofas
- Easy tackling of spots and spills
Our 10-step Deep Clean Service for Carpets
- Moving Furniture: We will move large furnishings to a reasonable extent and clean behind them and under to ensure the Most Thorough Carpet Clean.
- Vacuum: Cleaning Bros use a professional grade up right SEBO vacuum cleaner with a rotating brush and a 3 layer vacuum bag ensuring what gets in the bag stays there.
- Spot Treatment: We will tackle difficult stains and spots prior to the cleaning using deploying specialist carpet and upholstery cleaning techniques and products.
- Pre-Spray: Next we will apply a gentle cleaner specially designed to electro-mechanically lift oily dirt and pollutants from your carpet fibres and suspend them floating in an aqueous solution ready to be quickly and safely extracted.
- Agitation: The pre spray product is mechanically worked into the carpet fibres to further enhance the cleaning action.
- Extraction:Now for the very expensive machines we use to thoroughly clean and rinse your carpets. The high pressure hot water extraction unit we use cleans much better as it heats water to a high temperature and then fires the cleaning solution into the carpet at extremely high pressure. This helps to break up the dirt, bacteria and pollens in the carpet and turns it into a water soluble solutions. The machine then produces a high vacuum to pull the dirt and chemicals out of your carpet.
- Furniture Back in Place: Furniture is replaced back onto the carpet with protective foil tabs under the legs. Why? Well sometimes the moisture left in the carpet will leach out any colour-stain finish from the furniture leaving a very difficult to remove stain on the carpet.
- Grooming: Carpet is then groomed to ensure the fibres are as untangled and fluffy as they can be.
- Drying: Where necessary we will use a professional grade air mover to facilitate drying.
- Post Inspection: After the cleaning we will do a walk through with you pointing out any concern we may have and ensuring you are 100% satisfied with our work.
Some examples of our work
The photographs below are of furniture in a clinic in Harley Street, London that we clean carpets and upholstery for on a regular basis. We apply the Scotchgard Sofa Protection to their furniture every time we clean it. You can see how beautifully the water & coffee beads staying on the surface.
Free no-obligation quote
Send a message or Call us today - we look forward to hearing from you!
Request a Consultation
Send a message or Call us today - we look forward to hearing from you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we provide scotch guard or stain protection to all types of carpets and upholstery.
The whole amount is payable on the day of the cleaning by cash or credit/debit card upon completion of the job. Credit cards will incur 2,5% surcharge. We do not take cahques!
We reserve the right to require at our discretion up to 50% deposit.
Our technically advanced system is designed to remove alcohol, blood, browning, butter, candle wax, chewing gum, coffee & tea, chocolate, cough syrup, crayons, eggs (raw), food colouring, fruit juice, furniture stain, glue, grass, gravy, grease, ice cream, lily pollen, jam, ketchup, lipstick, mildew, milk, mud, mustard, nail polish, oils, paint, rust, salt, shoe polish, soot, tar, toothpaste, urine, vomit and wine.
Yes, you can specify the days for cleaning and we will make every effort to meet your requirements.
Yes, we strive to offer a free on-site quotation for each job. However, in some circumstances, for example- if there are time limitations- we might provide a rough estimate over the phone based on the information you provide us with. We will then give you an accurate quote on the day prior to commencement of the works.
Yes, over the years we have gained a few accreditations:
- NCCA – full member of National Carpet Cleaners Association
- TACCA – member of The Approved Carpet Cleaners Association
- LTT leather care – trained by LTT leather care for leather cleaning and restoration
- Member of Checkatrade
- Approved for Health & Safety by Safecontractor
- Member of FSB, Federation of small business
Yes, we use a portable carpet extractor that is powerful enough to tackle any jobs being placed outside. We use a 15 metre long flexible pipe attached to the carpet extractor that will reach everywhere on most jobs with the machine being outside.
We have a range of eco-friendly products that work very well. However, on difficult stains or soiled areas sometimes we might need to use stronger products.
It’s very difficult to predict the exact amount of hours for each individual job as there are quite a few variables that could possibly affect this. That’s why we always advise that a free on-site survey is carried out beforehand so we can take into consideration all factors.
We will measure up all areas to be cleaned, establish the type of your carpet and its installation and the level of soiling. We will also discuss any concerns you may have or any areas that you want us to pay attention to i.e. stains or spots, excess soiling in certain areas etc. We will then talk you through what we do and how we do it.
Lastly, based on our findings, we will produce a written quotation and leave a copy with you for your consideration. At no point will you be faced with hard sell or any type of pushy tactics. All this is done free of charge and with no obligation on your part.
We want to earn your trust, and we believe that the only way to do that is by being totally transparent.
We can make vast improvements with old and badly stained carpets. Again, an on-site visit is advisable to talk you through what we will do and what you can expect from the job. Sometimes, if we think that satisfactory results are beyond achievement we will advise towards replacement rather than cleaning.
Drying times are vastly dependant on the type of your carpets and the weather. There are a few more factors that affect drying times i.e. how soiled the carpet was (the more soiled your carpet the more cleaning solution we need to use and therefore the drying times will be longer), ability / inability to keep the windows open etc. Roughly it takes anywhere between 4-12 hours for carpets to dry completely.
Today’s cleaning products for carpet and upholstery cleaning are made in a way that they have very little effect on the environment if at all. In some instances, especially where stain removal is involved, we might have to use stronger chemicals to do the job right. However, we always advise our clients on what products are to be used for each individual job we undertake, so the final decision is theirs. We also have an eco-friendly line, where the products used are 100% environment-friendly, children, pet and allergy sufferers-friendly and are 100% biodegradable as well.